Job Reference: CWS-237
Type: Full Time
Start date: ASAP
End date: xxxx
Our client is currently seeking a Solution Architect to join the team on a permanent basis.
The Solution Architect will have working-level capabilities and experience with many businesses, functional (application) and infrastructure (operational) products, technologies, processes, and services. As this is in part a sales role, the engagement with the customer is a critical aspect of the role. Therefore, the successful candidate will be required to travel to client sites approx. 3 times per week.
- Lead & support in pre-sales activities, orchestrating and leading demonstrations
- Support the EA in the delivery of the EA engagement, both customer-facing and internal delivery
- Drive the business roadmap based on BVA through Microsoft solutions
- Facilitate discussions on business transformation through ideation and envisioning sessions
- Work with prospects and customers to determine the scope of work, and technology approaches, to create an overall enterprise architecture
- Understand the full breadth of the landscape in which the customer operates (business, geography, regulatory, etc.) and be able to use this in the definition and validation of the architecture
- Understand the direction of change of business, technology, and feed this into the creation of a long-term strategic roadmap
- Be able to assess the feasibility of new processes or technologies within a business
- Optimise and change business processes to enable more efficient working practices and more effective technology deployments
Experience and Skills
- 6+ years of hands-on software implementation experience, lead at least 2 major projects
- Pre-sales experience – ability to interact with customers in the sales cycle, demonstrating credibility and expertise
- Previous experience documenting solutions and writing functional design documents
- Adept at Business Requirement Analysis and able to demonstrate a wide understanding of the Retail Market.
- Project Management awareness
- Strong understanding of the Retail Market
- Expert level in Microsoft D365 F&O and Commerce
- Broad understanding of all the elements of the Microsoft technology platform
- Awareness and understanding of key players and technologies in the business applications market (e.g., Forecasting / Planning software, POS (point of sale) Solutions, e-commerce, middleware, etc.)
- Good understanding of implementation methodology or demonstrate understanding of the implementation process for ERP systems
- Educated to degree level in Computer Science or technical subject, or equivalent experience, with further qualifications in Microsoft technologies and industry qualifications e.g., TOGAF
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365, Azure services and Microsoft 365
Not ticking every box above? Please do still apply. Our client is always on the look out for strong Microsoft Dynamics consultants and may be able to place you in a similar role.