Scrum Master – Brussels
Job Reference: CWS-06092023
Start date: ASAP
End date: 31.12.2023
Scrum Master – Brussels
We are seeking a Scrum Master for a short term contract based in Brussels.
The Scrum Master is the key reference in a project following an agile framework as the Scrum methodology. He/she ensures the global understanding of the methodology by the Project Team and helps the team to maximise the project’s result. He/she protects the team for internal and external distractions.
The Scrum Master ensures the proper use and application of the Agile Methodology and coaches the Project Team along with the business lines and stakeholders, explaining which interactions with the team are helpful and which not.
The Scrum Master ensures the feature delivery owner role (SOS delivery, follow up, …).
- set up and facilitate the Scrum ceremonies (Daily Stand-up, Sprint Review, Sprint Planning, Retrospective) and other meetings
- schedule and follow the key steps of the methodology
- guarantee a smooth use of the Scrum methodology and help the Project Team face any obstacles
- provide assistance or support to the Product Owner concerning the Product Backlog
- assist and support the team in the delivery of the Definition of Done (DoD), Sprint Backlog, etc.
- track team capacity and velocity metrics for planning and progress purposes
Project methodology and Coaching
- coach and challenge the Project Team
- help the Project Team face any difficulties and promote its gradual self-organization
- remove barriers to team effectiveness and protect the team from outside distractions
- ambassador of agile methods within the company
- provide to his/her superiors a reporting on the proper deployment of the Scrum methodology within projects
- risk & issue management
English as well as (at least) one local language.
Agile teams are cross-functional. All required disciplines are represented in the team (analysis, development, testing, … ). However, although team members have a primary role representing a discipline, they are expected to take on other roles and contribute to other disciplines whenever it helps towards reaching the sprint goal.
Required experience / knowledge
- Knowledge of agile reporting and follow-up tools (e.g. Jira)
- Understanding of tooling on automated unit testing, automated functional testing and continuous integration tooling
- Sound knowledge of software development methodology
- Sound knowledge of project management methodology
Expert knowledge of agile methodology and techniques (e.g. Kanban)
Soft skills Attitude/Behaviour
The Scrum Master represents and embodies the Agile spirit and acts as a « servant leader », which implies:
- a positive attitude, with empathy, excellent communication skills and pragmatic approach: listen to the team and support the team in their problem solving, create an environment of open feedback and trust.
- Looks further than the day-to-day objectives, enable actions in line with the IT strategy
- Encourages the sharing of knowledge and best practices.
- Shows a pro-active approach to the development of competences of the team and each one of its members
- Continuous improvement: There is no failure, only feedback: Agile is about taking everything as lessons, adjusting actions based on the feedback
- Be a team player: encourages team building, based on collaboration and autonomy: use of persuasive power before authority, ask questions before giving instructions, support the team in resolving their problems before providing the answers.