Job Reference: CWS-240522
Location: Cork, Ireland
Start date: ASAP
End date: xxxx
Our International Financial Services client based in Cork are seeking a Test Engineer. This is a hybrid contract assignment with 70% onsite and 30% off-site work.
The Test Engineer defines and creates test cases from functional specifications. Interprets, executes and documents complex test procedures, reviews result and reports on progress.
Task and responsibilities
- Identify/define how testing for the project will be conducted.
- Define what exactly will be tested and how
- Prepare and document any set up work needed for specific testing, i.e. Data preparation for specific scenario tests, writing of test cases in HP ALM
- Execute tests as documented in the test case
- Log defects and work with Developers to resolve
- Retest and close defects when they have been resolved
- Work closely with Business Analyst, Development, Project Manager and Business end users to achieve timely resolution of issues that arise during the project
- Gather high quality, efficient test results and log detailed specific defects
- Maintain QA processes in all stages of the Software Development Lifecycle
Perform Regression tests:
- Ensure all regression scripts are kept up to date in accordance with specified functionality
- Update regression documentation when new functionality is released
- Execute regression test cases as part of the overall build process
Mandatory skills and experiences
- At least 3 years’ experience Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in IT related field
- Familiarity with translating business/functional requirements into test cases.
- Knowledge of test case preparation and test execution tasks
- Good documentation skills
- Excellent inter-personal interaction and communication skills.
- Understanding of software testing and quality assurance methodologies
- QA experience in a Banking/Securities environment would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of the following is an advantage:
- Quality Centre/ALM/JIRA
- Automated testing