Solutions Architect and Development Manager
Job Reference: CWS-0602-273
Type: Full Time on site
Start date: 24.02.2020
End date: 28.08.2020 (possible extension for 6 months)
Job: Senior Solutions Architect and Development Manager
Our well-known international client seeks a Solution Architect and Development Manager to join their team working on designing, development, test, deployment, and maintenance of several business applications.
Statement of work:
- Interfacing and engaging with the business and technical teams to ensure that their business applications are properly designed, maintained and supported.
- Provide architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to the technical teams.
- Incremental implementation of new functional and non-functional requirements into business applications following business units and ICTD’s technical recommendations.
- Provide corrective, adaptive, perfective maintenance and support for the existing versions of the business applications.
- Ensure that the technical and user documentations are maintained properly and that software development practices and tools are aligned with the organization CI/CD environment and best practices.
- Enhance applications to quickly make change and fix issues, based on the priority from business users. Clarify doubts on application requirement.
- Coordinate and lead the offshore team on product requirements
- Participate in the weekly status meetings
- Follow-up on offshore activities related to system development and testing
- Support the offshore testing team requirements
- Perform system testing of specific cases that cannot be tested by offshore team
- Provide help on activities on DEV servers like Environment setup, builds, configuration, etc.
- Creating and tracking tickets in JIRA for issues in Dev, Test, Demo and Prod environments.
- Coordination with other teams (both in house and other suppliers) for integration of application developed across multiple teams both onsite and offshore
More detailed workload is assigned based on the deliverables mentioned above and updated accordingly with the work progress on a daily basis in JIRA.
- New build releases to Dev, Test, Demo and Prod environments.
- Incident reports in JIRA.
- Update JIRA status for the tickets in each release.
- Build and Deployment checklist.
- Latest code to be checked-in to SVN in appropriate branch. Merge code to related branches (if required).
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 10 years’ experience
- Development management & coordination & technical lead:
- offshore co-ordination
- offshore development
- change coordination
- problem management
- Solution architecture, System architecture,
- DevSecOps (CI/CD)
- Data management
- QA activities
- AWS Infrastructure as Code would be a distinct advantage.
- Jira, Drupal, Spring MVC, Spring Rest, JSP, HTML, CSS, Spring JDBC, MySQL, Oracle, LDAP, SOLAR, AWS, SonarQube, Selenium, SVN.
- Start date of assignment: 24.02.2020
- Initial contract duration : until 28.08.2020 / 06 months (with possible extension of 6 months)
- Location: Geneva