Software Developer (C++)
Job Reference: CWS-2002-280
Type: Full Time on site
Start date: March / April 2020
Duration: 3 months (possible extensions)
Job: Software Developer
Our international financial client seeks a dedicated software developer to join their IT development center in Prague and help advance the technology and functionality of their core trading system. You will participate in the whole project lifecycle from specification, technical design and implementation to going live and maintenance of applications. The IT development team in Prague cooperates closely with Business and IT teams in Frankfurt am Main / Germany.
The high availability and reliability requirements of the trading system will challenge your technical skills and provide opportunities for improvement. You will acquire insight into financial market products and processes – especially trade management, trade negotiation and trade entry services.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software for our core trading application.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Develop solutions and build the libraries and frameworks of microservices and APIs
- Critical thinking, the ability to identify problems and propose and implement solutions
- C++ programming, development and scripting under Linux
- Experience with C++11; C++14 is highly welcomed
- Knowledge of Boost is beneficial
- Python programming is plus
- Very good written and spoken English skills, German is beneficial
- Background in system design and scalable cloud systems
- Deployment experience with at least one of the following cloud platforms: GCP, AWS, Azure
- DevOps and deployment experience, e.g. with GitHub, Terraform, Circle Ci, Travis.io
- Experience in working in large projects and distributed teams
- A background or interest in financial derivatives & cash trading is of advantage
Additionally, you need to be a team player with a sense of humor, good communication and collaboration skills, highly motivated, flexible and able to produce light and shine on demand.
- Start date of assignment: March/April
- Initial contract duration 3 month (with possible extension)
- Degree of employment: Full-time
- Location: Prague