Job Reference: CWS-100522
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £70k – £80k pa
My client seeks an experienced Software Developer to join the team. This is a Hybrid working role so you may need to occasionally have onsite visits at the client’s offices in Kent.
The role will involve working on a range of software development projects and initiatives that support the company’s day to day operations and functionality defined in our roadmap, including but not limited to:
- Front end web-based development
- Database development
- Back-end development such as infrastructure and integrations
- Triage and address real-time system errors
- Collaborate and assist in testing
- Participation in code reviews
- Drive software quality through modern practices to increase reliable flow of features while reducing rework, or user impact
- Stay up to date with new technology, patterns and practices and seek opportunities where the company can apply these to push forward
- Promote good practices aligned to our ISO 27001 and ISO 9001 accreditations
Skills and experience:
We are hoping you’ll bring:
- C# and .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Web application development using ASP.NET MVC
- SQL and SQL Server database knowledge, LINQ
- Git – knowledge of code versioning, branching and deployment solutions
- Secure software development practices following established patterns
- Solid experience of developing high quality software systems
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Angular (or similar)
- Experience in designing, building and operating applications in the cloud, including Azure
- Azure DevOps or similar CI/CD
- Web authentication and certificates
- Knowledge of test-driven development
- Swagger, Postman
- Application Insights or similar
- Appreciation of system diagnostics and their use to resolve issues
- A good understanding of ISO 27001 and ISO 9001 accreditations
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to prioritise, multitask and manage own time effectively. Establish efficient work practices and work towards deadlines.
- A questioning mind with the ability to absorb, cross reference and analyse large amounts of written and spoken information while paying attention to detail
- Flexible; respond positively to change and pick up new knowledge and skills quickly.
- Hardworking, able to work well under pressure and to focus for long periods of time while continuing to work in an orderly and organised fashion.
- Can present difficult ideas well and give clear instructions to ensure mutual understanding and able to give clear and reasoned feedback.
- A perceptive thinker who thinks problems through, and who confronts and overcomes difficulties without instruction.
Here are some characteristics and values that really align with our team and the way to be successful here:
- Growth mindset
- Problem solver
- Relationship builder
Technical knowledge and training:
- Develop a strong understanding of our technology platforms and provide input to our development cycle
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of our screening processes and procedures