Senior Administrative Assistant (Legal)
Job Reference: CWS-0204-307
Type: Full Time
Start date: May 2020
End date: December 2020
– Assist in the drafting of straightforward memoranda, notes and cover letters to documents;
– Produce Power Point presentations as required;
– Prioritise work from Legal Office staff and process it accurately and speedily;
– Make arrangements for travel, including associated NATO Travel Authorizations and entries into appropriate financial systems, reserving accommodation, submitting security clearances/visit requests;
– Maintain electronic database for Legal Office staff, including the up-to-date registration of original agreements;
– Determine, control and maintain the daily information flow, including e-mail within the Organizational Element.
– Initiate follow-up actions as appropriate
– Vocational training at a higher level in administrative work, leading to a professional qualification, or equivalent combination of qualifications and experience;
– At least five (5) years’ experience in progressively administrative jobs, preferably in international organisations or law firms;
– Sound knowledge and demonstrated experience in the use of Microsoft office automation packages (Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint or other database application), in the use of computer-based tools for project control and experience in maintaining and establishing web page;
– Excellent command of spoken and written English, with a proven ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
– Ability to take initiative and flexible approach allowing the incumbent to respond reliably and competently to changing requirements in a demanding environment;
– Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to be responsive and sensitive to both external and internal customers and staff.
– Good knowledge of NATO organization and procedures, the NATO Civilian Personnel Regulations and other relevant financial and administrative directives;
– Prior experience of working in an international environment;
– Working knowledge of French.
– Desirable experience in paralegal work