Job Reference: CWS-254
Location: The Netherlands
Type: Full Time / Contract
Start date: 24/10/2022
End date: xxxx
Role: SCOM Engineer
Length: Long term
Location: The Netherlands (3 weeks remote working, 1 week on site)
- Administration, support and maintenance of the SCOM infrastructure in multiple environments for Windows and Linux servers using gateways;
- Design, implementation and maintenance of operational procedures for the management of the SCOM related infrastructure components and technologies;
- Creation, configuration and adjustment of SCOM Management Packs for in-house developed solutions spread across multiple active directory domains with use of scripts and automation;
- Technical analysis, investigation, troubleshooting and resolution of incidents or problems
- affecting the Europol ICT physical and virtual infrastructure;
- Review and implementation of technical requirements for ICT solutions;
- Participation in multi-disciplinary project teams and ICT development initiatives providing technical advice and reviews of technical designs of ICT infrastructure solutions;
- Monitor the performance of the technical interdependencies of the data storage, physical and virtual infrastructure components deployed in the production environment in order to prevent incidents and problems as well as for the capacity planning;
- Provide guidance, technical advice and engineering support to other teams in the Department in the area of infrastructure services and monitoring;
- Design and implementation of SCOM integration with AZURE/AWS cloud environment;
- Expansion of the current monitoring with new features/requirements – analysis of the current setup, design and implementation;
- Creation of SLA availability reports for solutions/applications – maintenance and changes;
- Discovery, fine-tuning and maintenance of devices with SNMP monitoring in SCOM.
- Bachelor’s level degree or 3 years of higher education
- More than 6 years of experience in working in IT infrastructure environments.
- Working knowledge of English on B2 or higher level
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with:
- implementing, supporting and maintaining Microsoft SCOM monitoring including SCOM
- gateways creation and configuration, adaptation, etc of monitoring management packs for in-house developed applications.
- monitoring enterprise Microsoft and Linux server environments.
- scripting/automating system administration tasks.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SCOM monitoring technology, including the implementation, support, maintenance and upgrade of SCOM versions, as well as the configuration of monitoring rules for infrastructure, network, databases and applications.
- Good knowledge of monitoring enterprise Microsoft and Linux server environments including Kubernetes/Docker platforms.