Job Reference: CWS-0104-304
Type: Full Time
Start date: ASAP
Duration: Long Term
Job Role: JIRA Developer
We are looking for a dedicated JIRA Developer to join our Team in Prague and help us advance the technology and functionality of our JIRA based Risk Register system. The variety of challenging tasks you will be accomplishing include reviewing specifications, design and implement scripts for workflow automation and integration with external systems, plug-ins development, etc. Our requirements in terms of complex functionality, high reliability and availability will thoroughly challenge your development skills and provide ample opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Design, develop, customize and maintain the JIRA REST API (with connections to other internal applications) and Environment to meet our long-term business needs.
- Use scripted fields to extend JIRA functionality to meet organizational goals.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement JIRA plug-ins as they fit into integration workflows.
- Troubleshoot and debug across JIRA and integrated systems.
- Ensure all code is testable, create unit tests, and work with quality engineers to develop integration tests.
Mandatory Skills and Experience
- An Engineering degree in Computer Science, IT, Software System or equivalent work experience in the field.
- Preferably 5 – 7 years of proven professional experience in JIRA Development using JIRA REST API and/or JIRA Market Place Plug-Ins.
- Significant programming experience in at least one of Python, Groovy, Perl, Java, and/or .NET or equivalent.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle; preferably with understanding of Agile Scrum.
- Experience with using Git in a development environment.
- Good in applying software design patterns (GoF & Co).
- Understanding the basics of Shell Scripting.
- Excellent understanding and proven hands on experience in maintaining and supporting JIRA workflows, permission schemes, notification schemes, screen schemes, etc.
- Strong ability in analysing the existing plug-in code and modify the same for business needs.
- Strong ability to write new plug-ins for JIRA Applications.
- Good knowledge in Oracle Database Concepts, PL/SQL.
- Familiarity with Windows & Unix/Linux administration.
- Strong analytical skills, able to understand abstract functionalities from specifications.
- Ability to meet challenging project deadlines and deliver in a fast moving and change oriented environment.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Experience with complex products/systems preferred.
- ACP Certifications are a plus.
- Command of the Czech and/or German language is a plus.
Other essential skills
- Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated.
- Sense for detail and for picking the right solution while keeping in mind the business constraints.
- Fast learner.
- Team player, who is used to work in international environment.