Java Developer in Prague
Job Reference: CWS-2609-191
Type: Full Time
Start date: Nov.2019
Duration: 4 months
Rates: €275 – €350
Full Job Title: Backend & GUI Release Engineer Developer (Clearing)
Our international financial client seeks a developer, who would also be keen on performing release engineering and software integration tasks, to join their IT development centre in Prague. As Release Engineer Developer, you will be involved in the design, development and delivery of new requirements as well as being in charge of our software continuous delivery cycle. You will be involved in the analysis of production incidents and advise on mitigating/remediation solutions. The applications currently run on premise, with a vision to move them onto cloud architecture.
In your role as Release Engineer Developer you will acquire insight into financial market products and settlements processes for payment and financial instrument settlement. The diverse set of business stakeholders, customer requirements and business processes of exchanges will challenge your business skills while the high reliability, scalability and performance requirements of our systems will challenge your technical skills.
This assignment will provide the Release Engineer Developer opportunities to travel to Frankfurt – on trips to align with different development and test teams.
As a Release Engineer Developer you will have the following tasks & responsibilities:
- Understand the system designs and take responsibility in extending the application design
- Analyse production incidents, tickets and propose solutions
- Develop and deliver fixes and new requirements on the applications
- Improve the software delivery method to reach further automation and deployment goals
- Responsible for overseeing and ensuring timely releases of our software
- Manage the jobs in our automation server in charge of building our software
Skills and qualification required for this Release Engineer Developer role:
- Excellent software analytical skills and design thinking.
- Critical thinking, the ability to identify problems and propose solutions
- Strong knowledge and experience in service driven architecture.
- Strong experience in JBoss (especially Spring based), Java, bash, Rest Services, Linux or PostgresSQL
- Knowledge in front end development with Google Web Toolkit (GWT)
- Additional knowledge in software containerisation (target solution Openshift)
- University degree in Computer Science or Economics/Finance or equivalent professional qualification or experience
- Knowledge of SWIFT payment messages and bank payment infrastructure a benefit
- Experience with agile development and familiarity with formulating Test Cases
- Fluent in written and spoken English, spoken German an advantage
Assignment details :
- Location: Prague
- Assignment: November 2019 till February 2020