Job Reference: CWS-1812-247
Type: Full Time
Start date: January 2020
Duration: 3 months (possible extensions up to one year)
Job: Java Developer
International financial client in Prague seeks a Java Developer to join the team.
The RDS/GUI team within Risk IT develops and maintains Java services for the client’sPRISMA application. PRISMA is a leading application for margin calculation. The PRISMA Reference Data Service (RDS) provides static data (members and accounts, products, risk methods, etc.) to other components within PRISMA. The main service is written in Java, running on JBoss, and embedded in a Linux environment. The RDS system also contains several rest-based micro-services and stand-alone applications written in Java. We use the following technologies: Spring Boot, Hibernate, MySQL, Swagger, Rest-assured, OpenAPI and Apache Tomcat.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the PRISMA RDS software
- Work with business analysts and other teams on implementing new features
- Work with the technical maintenance team during user acceptance tests
- Manage your own project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
Required skills/qualification – You should possess and demonstrate the following:
- Advanced programming competency in Java
- Background in building distributed applications on Linux
- Familiarity with SQL databases
- An appreciation of the challenges of building, running and maintaining a minimum downtime production system
- Linux knowledge
- Good written and spoken English skills
Preferred skills/qualifications – the following skills will be a plus:
- Experience with messaging (AMQP or similar)
- Experience with developing cloud native and 12factor applications
- Experience with Kubernetes, AWS, OpenShift
- Experience with GitHub and/or CircleCI
- Experience with bash or python scripting
- Experience with Google Web Toolkit
- An interest or background in financial markets and risk management
Our team is collaborating closely and has a great team spirit. To join us, you should have good communication skills, be flexible and highly motivated, and have a good sense of humor.
- Start date of assignment: 1st January 2020.
- Initial contract duration 3 months (with possible extension up to one year)
- Degree of employment: Full-time
- Location: Prague