IT Developer – Java Specialist
Job Reference: CWS-0603-293
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 9 Months
Job: IT Developer – JAVA specialist
The IT Developer elaborates or adapts the detailed technical design and programming code (or package parameterization) in the context of a project or asset, according to enterprise standards, and considering required quality and performance levels.
The IT Developer also performs the unit testing of the developed code.
- Elaboration of detailed technical design.
- New development or maintenance of code in the required programming language, tool (e.g. a web content management system, a COBOL code generator, etc), or package (including package parameterization) according to enterprise standards, and considering required quality and performance levels.
- Unit testing
- Estimation of development workload – or validation of the workload estimated by the project or asset manager
- Elaboration of (or contribution to ~) the preparation of the installation in production – including integration and assembly testing
- Support test management in the execution of tests (including bug fixing)
- Quality review of detailed design and code provided by external suppliers
- Documentation of development activities (design, code, unit testing, code review)
Sound knowledge of English as well as (at least) one local language
Bachelor/Master or equivalent by experience
Agile requirements –
An analyst involved in Agile projects must have the “Agile mindset” which implies:
- a positive attitude and pragmatism
- thirst for knowledge: Agile is about learning and adapting. Knowledge sharing is key to success.
- The goal of team success: Agile is about the success of the team, no individual success or heroic behaviour. It is more important for the team to succeed than for the individual to have completed his/her tasks.
- There is no failure, only feedback: Agile is about taking everything as lessons, adjusting actions based on the feedback, resulting in continuous improvement.
Beyond the roles: Agile teams are cross-functional. All required disciplines are represented in the team (analysis, development, testing, … ). However, although team members have a primary role representing a discipline, they are expected to take on other roles and contribute to other disciplines whenever it helps towards reaching the sprint goal.
Mandatory Technical Experience – Knowledge of concerned programming language(s) (JAVA), techniques, good practices and standards
Preferable Business Experience – Specific requirement for agile: practical experience with Scrum
Soft Skills – Team player, accurate