ICT Strategy & Architecture Manager
Job Reference: CWS-2011-223
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: EURO 70,000 – 90,000
ICT Strategy & Architecture Manager
As ICT Strategy & Architecture Manager you will take ownership of my client’s business aligned ICT strategy to drive all planning and activities in the short, medium and long term (i.e. Investment Plan, Annual Operating Plan, Project Portfolio, Architecture Roadmap etc.) and ensure that demand aligns to this strategy.
You will also be responsible for the creation, maintenance and management of the ICT architecture and lower level components. Candidates should be hands-on self-starters who can quickly become familiar with the ICT environment and proactively identify opportunities for re-design, service improvements and adoption of new technologies that can be easily implemented , A key requirement of the role will be to provide management and guidance to a small number of hands on technical resources who manage the existing ICT services and operations. The ideal candidate will be comfortable at working at both the strategic and operational level and ensuring alignment across both levels.
Experience and Qualifications
- Must have proven track record of executing ICT strategy, managing a complex technical environment and demonstrating ICT leadership
- Experience of producing high quality technical artefacts and architecture models
- Experience of working with Healthcare ICT standards and understanding of cloud-based technologies
- Ability to balance deep technical knowledge with effective communication skills, including translating technology into language the wider organisation can understand
- Must have a high-level view of all technology areas – strategy /projects/ delivery/ operations / relationship management and contribute to business aligned strategy refresh and updates
- Experience of guiding, mentoring and developing technical resources in order to promote consistent decision making and execution
- Excellent communication and influencing skills – ability to work effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Proven ability to manage teams.
- Strong leadership skills and able to motivate teams is a must
- Must be able to work on multiple simultaneous tasks with limited supervision
- Quick learner, motivated self-starter
- Ability to manage competing objectives and prioritise tasks
- Third party vendor management experience including contract management.
- 6+ years’ experience of working with formal ICT Architecture and Solution planning methodologies ideally in a Healthcare environment
- Preferred 10+ years of ICT leadership experience with a proven track record of delivering technical change and working across the organisation
- ICT Strategy and Architecture definition, articulation and communication
- Develop and articulate the vision that underpins all activity, capturing short, medium- and long-term goals
- Documenting and maintaining Enterprise Architecture (EA) and lower level components
- Implementing ICT architectural governance, controls, policies and procedures
- Keeping abreast with developments in the ICT industry and healthcare sector to ensure that the architectures are kept in line with industry standard
- Identifying the business and ICT risks in architectural decisions and roadmaps
- Define ICT architectural constraints, scope, assumptions and lay the foundation for subsequent architectural work
- Define preferred ICT methodologies and technologies in order to promote consistent technical design and service decisions
- Review and provide direction on functional and technical specifications for ICT solutions
- Working with both ICT department and external service providers to ensure that the appropriate technology direction is set with respect to systems, data and technical infrastructure.
- Managing technical resources who are implementing changes or projects to ensure consistent processes and governance
- Monitoring and evaluating existing technologies and services to ensure continuous improvement opportunities are identified where possible
- Work across the ICT department to ensure that methodologies and processes are consistently implemented across all ICT activities and projects
- Support definition and creation of ICT RFP’s, Business Cases and Strategic Roadmaps as directed by the CIO
- Evaluate technical proposals and proactively identify new technologies that could add value to the ICT environment
- Work with ICT Project Delivery Manager to ensure that the wider organisation have access to the correct technical skillsets in order to scope and progress enterprise wide priorities
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated Strategy & Architecture Manager to step up and take on a challenging but rewarding role. Candidates should be resilient, visionary and with excellent people management and communication skills. Does this sound like you? If so contact Jan Glover for more details.