C++ HMI Software Engineer
Job Reference: CI-03270-0401-56
Location: Maastricht, NL
Type: Full Time
Start date: March 2019
End date: March 2020 + extension
My major international air navigation safety client based in The Netherlands is seeking an experienced C++ HMI Software Engineer, as per the description below:
Within the Engineering division, the Air Traffic Management Systems Unit is developing air traffic management systems and software. It is split into 5 teams, including the HMI-SDP (Human Machine Interfacing and Surveillance Data Processing) team which is in charge of, amongst others, the Controller Working Positions systems and software. In addition to performing and coordinating maintenance and improvements of the CWP system and software, the ATS/HMI-SDP team is involved in multiple in-house projects necessitating CWP development work.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop software modules for the CWP. This includes designing, developing, maintaining and providing support on applications in the areas of data processing and HMI application.
- Perform modifications to source code, documentation and test suite.
- Review request for changes, clarify the understanding of the intention, perform prototyping where necessary, and create unambiguous software specifications.
- Analyse modifications required to source code, documentation and test suite, and define test scope, to implement problem fixes and changes.
- Perform and document tests in line with test scope defined before.
- Arrange review of own source code, documentation and test result by peers.
- Review source code, documentation, test suite changes and test results performed by peers.
- Perform investigation of incidents and problems and provide solutions.
- Debrief on the status of work and potential technical and schedule problems.
- Execute tasks in accordance with governing quality, safety and security management procedures.
Skills and Competencies:
- Higher Technical education in Computer Science or Information Technology, with a focus on Software engineering, or equivalent professional knowledge Essential
- At least 3 years of experience developing large scale (>100 kSLOC) operational HMI software, preferably in a Unix environment Essential
- At least 3 years of experience using modern C++, including C++11, template- and preferably meta-programming Essential
- Experience in developing and maintaining software and documentation in accordance with recognised industrial quality and safety standards (SWAL 3 or equivalent) Essential
- Excellent command of the English language (written and spoken) Essential
- Ability to identify, analyse and solve problems, and to present key issues and recommended solutions in a clear, structured and concise way Essential
- Cooperates and works well in a team Essential
- At least 3 years of experience with the ODS Toolbox or equivalent HMI framework Desirable
To apply for this role please fill in the details below and submit your CV. One of our Consultants will contact you.