Assistant Web Publisher in Geneva (Switzerland)
Job Reference: CWS-0310-197
Location: Geneva (Switzerland)
Type: Full Time
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 18 months
Rate: €320 – €450
Job : Assistant Web Publisher
International organization based in Geneva seeks an Assistant Web Publisher to provide services in editing, updating, designing and publishing content on the client website.
As Assistant Web Publisher your tasks will include:
- Assisting in the creation and publishing of content for web news items and web pages, taking into account the Organisation’s guidelines and best practices in user experience (UX) and SEO. Edit web content written by other staff according to the Web Style Guide;
- Assisting in the review, layout and publishing of updates to the website following the correct structure, language and design requirements for web pages based on established policy and practices;
- Gathering of content through liaising with internal colleagues as well as through secondary research;
- Image sourcing, retouching, and acquisition of usage right
- Daily updates and publishing of digital content.
- Daily follow-up for content gathering.
- University degree in communications, marketing, languages, writing or other relevant discipline
- At least 2 years of experience in external communications for a public or private sector organization, preferably in a digital content creation/publishing role.
- Excellent creative writing and editing skills;
- Excellent ability to produce modern, user-focused content for the web;
- Excellent understanding of best practices in web user experience and SEO;
- Ability to structure information and create user-focused designs for web pages (including use of wireframing/prototyping tools such as e.g. Balsamiq, Sketch, Figma);
- Ability to create and edit visual content (Photoshop, Canva, Illustrator etc.);
- Strong web publishing skills (experience of content management systems) and ability to create web content directly in HTML;
- Strong research and collaboration skills;
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects at different stages, for different mediums, and targeting different audiences;
- Very strong organizational, time management and communication skills;
- An eye for detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent written and spoken knowledge of English
Desirable: Working knowledge of French, Spanish, Chinese, Russian or Arabic